Tuesday, December 13, 2011

First day on my own

Today was the first official day of my ER career. My little wings have been sprouting for a while and I finally flew solo for the first time!

It was exhilarating and stressful and my feet are SCREAMIN at me but it was a great day overall...
you know why?

#1) no one died
#2) I am still alive
#3) the ED staff are awesome human beings

I told all the staff this morning to be on the lookout for:
- frantic eye movements, but no body movements (this is a sign my brain is working too fast for my body to comprehend)
-"deer in the headlights" look on my face
-papers flying in all directions
-all the blood rushing to my face (also a sign my brain is working very fast)

They all took my first day very serious and helped me as much as they could and for this I am very thankful!

I had so many patients give me a "knowing" smile today. I was definitely not broadcasting that it was my first day alone, but many of my patients today seemed to have a little extra patience and seemed to understand where I was coming from funny enough. I think the Lord sent a few angels to help me today, I really do...

I am so glad the FIRST day is done. Sign of relief.

On to the next!

3 comments:

  1. Aww Dee I'm soo happy for you!! Ive heard LJ ED staff are awesome and they're frikken sooo lucky to have you join their family! Im sure one of these days I'll get a patient from you! Hehe

    Love you!!!

    Xoxo, Sandee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you!!! That is so cool Dee!! I love you and miss you bunches. I'll be praying for a continued smooth transition in the ER. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!! Not just because of the work you do, but because of the heart you have!! I love you more than you know!!

    ReplyDelete