Thursday, February 2, 2012

Friendship Blessings

... Its that moment when you are surrounded by other women that know you inside out. They know your heart, your struggles, your response before you say it. They say things like "That is soooo D!" because they know me.

What an amazing realization. I am myself with these women.

I can lay my burdens on the table and be sure that through the week they will be praying for me. Not judging me. They will be thinking of me as they pray for their own families and struggles.

I am not alone in this.

I don't have to fake "having it all together."

The Lord has given me so many blessings, more than I could ever try to count; this being one of them: women following after the Lord with abandon and encouraging me in the same way.

"Is any pleasure on earth as great as a circle of Christian friends by a good fire?" -C.S. Lewis


Colossians 3:12-17
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.    

No comments:

Post a Comment