Friday, December 14, 2012

Please... Don't rush me.



I'm in a hurry
I'm in Target
Everyone is in a hurry
IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!!

I witnessed a conversation between a sales associate and a shopper:
Sales Ass: Yes Ma'am, we are out of those Christmas items... and it is so close to Christmas that they decided not to order any more Christmas stuff.
Shopper: Don't you know that its only December 12th?! There are 13 more days before Christmas! That's a lot of days!

(Just to clarify, this shopper was not me, although it sounds like me)

The exchange made me smile at first
Then it made me a little sad

The buyers for Target have moved on from Christmas
as if it has already come and passed

I wanted to scream "Stop rushing me! STOP RUSHING CHRISTMAS!"
Then it dawned on me
What the heck am I doing in Target if I want to be enjoying this Christmas season so much?
So I left Target

...

As I watch the lights on my tree twinkle
(only the top half of the tree... who knew I only had one strand of twinkle lights?)
I am overwhelmed by how fast time moves and...
I have only this moment to fully dwell on the here and now

Please stop and enjoy this moment with me

1 comment: