Tuesday, November 22, 2011

memories so real like a dream

Every time I listen to "Continuum" by John Mayor I am in the mustang with Shelby, driving home from Point Loma on the 15 freeway, both of us singing. Or sitting at the cliffs trying to get over boyfriends from home

Every time I watch the movie "Surviving Christmas"I think of my sister and brother and have to call them to quote the movie for a bit

Any time I hear swing music my feet just want to dance, remembering being a part of a dance troupe

Copeland puts my in the motorhome looking out the window at all the trees changing colors traveling across the country, ready to kill my brother

Franz Ferdinand is on the boat at the lake with my family and first boyfriend

The word "nineteen" makes me think of getting caught in the backseat of my car making out with Mason Dyer. The cop shined his light on us and asked us how old we were, I practically yelled "I'm twenty officer!" and Mason said with some anxiety in his voice "nineteen!"

The smell of my family's home when I walk through the door spills millions of memories growing up that I had no idea would even be memories

Panic at the disco put me two places: in the car singing with rachel and at the Starbucks on baseline and the 15 freeway at 1am standing on the front counter singing as loud as I can

Anytime I hear My Chemical Romance I am in the middle bench seat of Mason's old Suburban, he was driving and I was yelling every word to every song with Dillan Wheeler, on our way to get chipotle

Christmas Eve will forever be "Grandma's and Grandpa's house"

When I see an old Forerunner I think of all the times we had to coach Megan's forerunner up the grade and then congratulate ourselves that we made it (love that thing)

The Black Keys "Brother": I am in the Prius with Mason, headed up the coast with no destination in mind

College: living in a two bedroom apartment with 5 girls, all of us falling asleep in my room one rainy afternoon during finals, huge support group, 5 wardrobes, trying to learn how to workout, singing, dancing, crying, and then cleaning that stinking apartment, saying goodbye

Smelling Breakfast in the morning when you wake up = holidays

When I hear Death Cab for Cutie I am in my 68 mustang eating bags of swedish fish

Every time I open an energy drink I am in Bert's first toyota at 5am trying to beat traffic down to San Onofre to surf

Corndogs will now always remind me of how Mason proposed to me

The "E" channel and Eileen running out of her room saying, "Oh my gosh did you hear about this??"

Silverstein puts me in San Diego when Mike and my brother would come down to visit Shelby and me, I threw a pint of old ice cream out the window while mike was driving

The cliffs in OB with a bottle of Andre smoking my first cigarette, it didn't go well...

When I listen to old rock, I can picture my dad driving in his truck and me sitting in the passenger side, him asking, "Who is this? Do you know what album this song is from?" and then me taking a wild guess


These memories, they feel so real and close as if they happened yesterday. I had no idea they would be memories...
funny how some things stick and some don't

2 comments: