Sunday, January 1, 2012

Who gets pulled over on New Years?

Last night we were headed to dinner around 8:30pm. I am driving the mustang and see a parking spot on the street downtown PB and think "Its my lucky day!".

I proceed to make a u-turn that was probably illegal and as I pull into my parking spot I get pulled over. This is what went down...

Cop: License please
Me: reach in my purse and grab my debit card and hand it to him
Cop: We don't except this credit card
Me: OH MY GOSH I'm sorry, I haven't even started drinking ... yet.
Cop: Have you been drinking tonight ma'am
Me: No
Cop: follow my finger with your eyes only
Me: followed like a champ. 
Cop: Okay so your registration is expired and your tail lights are illegal
Me: Okay. I have an appointment with the DMV this week.
Cop: Who did that to your lights?
Me: My brother (thanks Davey)
Cop: Well its illegal. Get it fixed. ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT FIXED
Me: SURE
Cop: Have a good night ma'am

Yep. This girl got off without a scratch...
You know its bad when the first thing I grab out of my purse is my debit card
Happy New Year to the most lenient cop in PB

No comments:

Post a Comment