Friday, November 9, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Quiet

Start:

Its so quiet in my house right now
at this moment
I can hear the rain on the skylight
and the sound of sipping coffee
and that is all

How I beg for more
a dog
a baby
a family
how much would this peaceful quiet change?

I don't think there would be much peaceful quiet

These moments, I know have been made for me
in this time
to reflect and enjoy the solitude I have
to be thankful
to simply drink coffee in my Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt

and to thank the Lord for his sovereignty and wisdom
in that...
I might not be ready to take on the challenge of more than a dog
seeing as she is currently at doggie-daycamp playing with other dogs
so I stay sane

Stop.

  Five Minute Friday

5 comments:

  1. So honest - the quiet you have is a blessing - and so is doggy daycare!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what an amazing blog and a beautiful writing style. I hope you don't mind my visiting. May I follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Of course you can follow!

      Delete
    2. Then you have a new follower :) feel free to follow mine as well!

      Delete
  3. How true! My puppy can always tell when it's time for daycare (the same day as trash collection) and gets all excited. Little does he know that puppy daycare is actually a treat for the humans. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete