Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Oh the feeling...

At the end of the day
a long day
full of chores

To sit
alone
in a quiet house

Oh, the feeling...

The carpets vacuumed
not a visible speck dog poo
the dishes done
the sheets smelling like my latest concession to "Downy's" new product
my dinner concoction baking away

A glass of wine
a type my grandparents got me hooked on
while at the lake during the summer
it reminds me of summer

And, as I survey
and smile to myself
I will enjoy this moment

But the BEST moment of the day
when the dog hears him open the door
her tails starts a waggin
and he greets me with a big smile on his face
"Hello, Wifey..."

I still can't wait until he gets home

1 comment:

  1. I love this :) and thank you for the visit and comment on my blog? Mat I become a follower of your blog? Feel free to follow mine as well :)

    ReplyDelete