Tuesday, November 10, 2015

slow down slow down slow down

A gnat just flew into my glass of wine
I am sure it is the only bug in the house
and it found its way into my happy place
and ruined it

How fitting

I was just going to start a blog entry on wanting to "lean in" to every emotion
to feel the weight of my life
all the good and the bad in every situation
Well, let me tell you
I'm not happy with my current bug-infested wine
I'm feeling it

...

I am currently reading the book "Rising Strong" and came across this passage regarding barriers we typically set up that keep us from reckoning with our emotions:

"...in this long list of all the ways we can numb ourselves, there's always staying busy: living so hard and fast that the truths of our lives can't catch up with us." 

This stopped me
I read it
and I re-read it

I will admit that as appealing as staying busy is
I never want my life to be so busy that I don't have to face truths
that I don't have "time" to reckon with my emotions

I want to feel it
and I want a new glass of wine


No comments:

Post a Comment