Friday, September 7, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Grace

Set the timer
5 minutes
go

Grace
Its this gift that I can never deserve
or pay back

Grace
extended to me for no reason
except love

Do I extend enough grace?

Do I only give grace when I think people deserve it?
Do I give it to those who are least deserving
Because if I were to give it like Jesus
I would

I tend to give love, attention, grace 
to those who give it to others

But isn't it the least of these that need it the most
or maybe its the other way around

Aren't you glad you are not in my head all the time? :)

  Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. "Do I extend enough grace?" - I ask that, too! In order for me to say yes, I have to first drink deep of God's grace for me. When He fills me, I can reflect His heart/grace. Great post to reflect on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to extend grace to those who give it rather than to those we deem as undeserving of grace. Thank goodness Jesus isn't like me - as I would never be the recipient of grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange thing, the way you wrote this...is very similar to the way that I think. In phrases, sometimes. But yes, you are right. It is easy to give grace to those who give us grace (and like us). But Jesus gave grace to us...and to all men. Kinda like that parable of the men getting upset because they got paid the same for working all day as the men who showed up at the last part of the day....

    ReplyDelete