Monday, September 24, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

What comes to mind when you hear
"These are a few of my favorite things"

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

But who ever really thought to themselves:
"I think the whiskers on this kitten are MY FAVORITE!"

Maybe more like:
"I'm gonna cut these whiskers off so they stop POKING ME IN THE EYEBALLS"

-Not to get off track or anything-

I was laying in bed this morning
thinking of all the blessings in my life
thinking of a few of my favorite things

-The accomplishment of running farther than I ever have before
-Waking up early to have my pumpkin coffee hot (while its still cool outside)
-Then getting an iced pumpkin latte later
-Burning my "pumpkin" and "leaves" candles while its 91 degrees outside
-Hanging up my skeleton on the palm tree out front, just to have Mason tell me to take it down
 because its only September
-Hanging the skeleton in the entry way to scare him when he gets home
-Letting Bowie sleep in our bed with us while she recovered from her little surgery
-Getting lost in a christian romance novel set in the 1820s (yes, there is such a thing)
-The feeling of clean sheets
-The TRIUMPH of a clean house
-Visits with my sister at the cliffs
-Spiced bourbon in the making
-New favorite albums and the excitement of all the new albums to come out this fall
-Getting glitter everywhere and Mason smiling about it

These are a few of my favorite things
tell me yours

No comments:

Post a Comment