Wednesday, September 19, 2012

This WOULD happen to me...

So today
Let me give you the setting:

Bowie and I are taking a leisure  walk on the beach
(Yeah, who am I kidding)

Bowie is running out of control in and out of the waves
all up and down the beach
and I am trying to keep up with her
hair flying in the wind

Yep, that is an accurate setting. 

So, we had been carrying on this way for quite some time
and I see up ahead a gentleman with a dog coming our way

Bowie's leash was tangled up in her legs and I thought to myself
"I had better untangle this mess before they get any closer or this could be disastrous" 
I bend over to try and straighten out this wet/sandy/seaweed/great-dane-leg combo

...

And then
out of nowhere
the back of my bikini top goes
*bink*
and flies open
and my chest yells "FREEDOM"
(this has never happened to me before)

gentleman is still walking towards me with this look on his face


and then there is me
with a great dane puppy who is out of control 
and trying to run towards said gentleman's dog
while I am attempting to grab my bikini top 
and trying my best to latch it all at the same time
with waves and wind and bystanders thrown in the mix just for fun

I am pretty sure my face has never been so red
nbd
love my life

5 comments:

  1. Deanna: I'm Megan's Auntie Kath and I stumbled on your blog from her FB page. I'm a professional writer, blahblahblah, but I wanted to tell you your blog is quite wonderful. Your writing is so evocative and fun, your photos are beautiful, and your insights so perceptive. Thanks for putting this "out there," and maybe I'll meet you one of these days in Camarillo (I live in Connecticut.) You and Megan are lucky to have each other! Anyway, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aunt Katherine! I don't know what I would do without Meg :) Hopefully we will meet one day and thank you again for your comment!

      Delete
  2. OH my goodness, what a memorable/terrible moment! So sorry that happened to you. I would die of embarrassment. At least you still love your life.....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was laughing the whole time so it was more amusing/memorable than anything but I still couldn't believe that it happened! I for sure panicked in the moment! And yes, things like that remind me that I am still very much alive and I LOVE my life :)

      Delete
    2. Haha, I am sure you did panic! :) You will never forget that moment for sure!

      Delete